Sunday, February 17, 2008

Productive Day - Awards and Recognition


Despite the mad rush, we were surprised to make it for the Annual Dinner on time. The highlights for the evening was the Awards ceremony where John was presented 5 awards for his fabulous performance last year. I just couldn't relate how proud I am, even now. He was awarded 1st runner-up for Overall Top Producer - Top Producer for Newsweek - 1st runner-up for TIME magazine - 2nd runner-up for Fortune magazine -a memento for qualifying to Bali for a holiday with his spouse. The awards came with a trophy and prize money as incentives. We have decided to sell our Bali holiday packages as both of us had been to Bali twice. In fact, John just came back from Bali recently.
As I witnessed this guy running up and down the stage to receive his recognition, I was thrilled and filled with nothing but great admiration for him. My heart was joyful for this man whom for so many years I proudly called my husband, my best friend, soul-mate, life partner, greatest supporter and my confidante. When the Regional GM of Time Magazine asked him of his achievements, he humbly mentioned, "It takes a great amount of determination, effort and discipline..." And no one can attest to this statement other than the wife.
Hey, dear! Here's to you and for many more good things to come!
Cheers!

No comments: