Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Keeping my spirit positive...

So, my freedom only lasted for exactly 2 months. But the two months break was surprisingly enriching for me. Although I did not travel this time (as I usually would), I've stretched myself to the utmost and am pleased about it.

I have more free time for myself. Time to do things I enjoy doing without having to rush for datelines eg. going for my morning jog without having to rush to work later. Taking time to read all the books and magazines that are long overdue. Time to catch up with some friends. Time to think.

I have time to think - think deeply. Thus, my mind became clearer and more conscious. I'm more conscious on the food I eat, the words that I use and the things that I buy. I'm more positive and in control of myself, my emotions and my train of thoughts. Therefore, am able to view life differently. I don't act impulsively so often.

I've learnt to slow down and discovered for myself that I do have the capability to be more patient!

I have time to attend workshops or go for short but meaningful retreats which has helped me tremendously in my growth and my search for self-enrichment. I've benefitted much and feel a better person, at least for now.

Yesterday as I was driving to work, I still questioned myself whether I've made the right move to get back to the retail industry (as I have yet to receive my appointment letter), and an encouragement came from the daily contemplation which speaks:

Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words,
Keep your words positive because your words become your behaviour,
Keep your behaviour positive because your behaviour become your habits,
Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values,
Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.


As the election fever draws near, I hope that our leaders / politicians out there soon / have realized the value of a good track record because it is the value of a good track record that will determine their destiny this Saturday and not the things that they performed over just these few months!!

No comments: