Sunday, March 2, 2008

The day my mom got baptized..

Two months passed so swiftly. Looks like March gonna be a month filled with some events for John and I.
It begins with my mom baptism today - Siew Cheng's open house tomorrow - I will be reporting to work on Mon - the election heat next Sat - Ah Heng son's Wedding on Sun - my 3days Fasting Retreat at Bentong which will clash with Pacestters AGM and F1 - a memorial do for my late sister - Che Che New York boutique opening - and we'll end March with KL Marathon.
Since my mom is getting baptized today, my intention was to dedicate this morning's run to her. As I was getting ready, the skies gates opened up and began to pour! John had already set his mind on cycling no matter what, so he went ahead. So, I decided to run anyway, rain or no rain.
Since baptism is related to dipping oneself into the water, the morning showers added meaning to an otherwise dry run. Well, I hoped the rain will stop soon but it didn't. Ha! as if it was meant for me to get baptized too?! Yup, I could feel the rain pouring into my clothes and sinking deep into my skin. It lasted the entire morning run...heavy drizzle but the feeling was good and refreshing! I completed about 8km.
In the afternoon, I witnessed my mom's baptism. It's amazing to believe that my mom who has been worshipping idols all her life has accepted the Lord Jesus Christ last year. But I always believe that things happened for a reason. It is good to see her happier now and that's what life is all about. To be happy.
I'm not a religious person and sad to say, I do not have a religion. But I do believe that as long as one has faith in something or someone who can give oneself comfort and peace of mind - then, one should believe. Quote Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen."Hey, I do read the Scriptures sometimes but I also listen to the teachings of Buddha and at ACIM, I learn about love. Only love. As a seeker, I guess I'm still searching...as I search, I'll be able to discover, to learn and to experience.

4 comments:

Sayani said...

i wish u all the best seeker!

really its faith that matters i believe there are infinite paths to reach divinity,mission is same only the ways different.

The Runner, Dreamer, Observer, Seeker said...

You are so right!
Thanks for the encouragement.

Onn said...

Just curious - if you don't mind my asking - what might be stopping you from coming to Christ yourself?

The Runner, Dreamer, Observer, Seeker said...

Hi, Ron!
Honestly, I don't know. I do believe but I guess I just do not want to be tie to a particular religion. That's all.