Tuesday, March 18, 2008

In Memory Of My Sister, Jennifer

Today I woke up, my nose was still very much blocked but the fever had subsided. I did not feel unwell. There's a very heavy nostalgic feeling within me and I know I still miss my sister, Jennifer. She passed away on this day, 2 years ago.

"Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free;
I took His Hand when I heard Him call;
I turned my back and left it all.
If my parting has left a void;
Then fill it with remembered joy.
My life's been full, I savoured much;
Good friends, good times,
a loved one's touch.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss;
Ah yes, these things, I too, will miss.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief;
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your hearts and share with me;
God wanted me now, He set me free."


These were the last message that Jennifer left us before she went Home. Then in my eulogy to her, I remembered making up something like this :

Although her time with us was a brief one..
Jennifer had indeed lived well, laughed often and loved much.
She filled her niche and accomplished her task.
A tougher sister I've yet to find,
May God grant her His Rest and Peace divine.

So, we shall not grieve for you, Jennifer.
For now you walk freely in the Land of Day.
United with friends of yesterday.
Freed from earth's bonds -
All pains and sufferings over..
Safe in God's Keeping, on that heavenly shore.

There's no death! The stars go down..
To rise upon some other shore.
And bright in Heaven's jeweled crown,
They shine for Jennifer, for ever more.


At that time when I spoke, I must confess that I actually did not know what I was talking about. It was merely a wish or my imagination that I wish would happen for my sister in her afterlife. Moreover, I just wanted to make a poem out of it (my sisters and I are good at such things).
Today, as I seek and read more, I discovered that there are some truths in what I said and I was not just making poem. While I still miss her, there's no death..we will meet again, in another dimension, in another life.

No comments: