Thursday, March 17, 2011

Poem to my sister


I found some old photographs of us,
And recalled those moments with much happiness.

I treasure memories of you with love...

I remember who you used to be…
The house we stayed,
The laughter we shared,
The school we went,
The fights we fought,
Childhood games we played,

And I often wonder what you have become…
Where are you now,
Where did you go,
When your body is left behind
And the spirit was released to fly?

Perhaps you are the morning bird
I heard singing in the joyfully at sunrise.
Or the butterfly that dances
so carelessly on the breeze.

Perhaps you are the fingers of the afternoon mist
delicately reaching over the mountains and hills.
Or the final few rays of the setting sun
edging the clouds with a magical glow.
Or the rainbow of colors that brightens up a stormy sky.

In whatever form you have chosen to take,
No matter what you have chosen to be…
I know you are now at peace, happy and free.

Inspired by Kristi A. Dyer

No comments: