I would also like to share an article which I received from the holiday edition of 'The Key' a newsletter from Anchoring The Light:
Christmas is a time for celebrating, for getting together with family and friends; it is a time for joy, happiness and child-like excitement! And of course, what would Christmas be without all those goodies stacked under the tree?
During this festive time of year, it's so easy to get caught up giving (and let's be honest - receiving!) the perfect gift. With the constant bombardment of a consumer society; commercials, emails, flyers, and apps all advertising the perfect gift, encouraging you to buy buy buy, it's easy to get caught up in the commercialism of the holiday season. This truly is a magical time of year by offering some tips to keep you centred and grounded, while still participating in the tradition of giving during the festivities:
10. Let go of holiday expectations and detach with love.
9. Call a friend you have lost touch with to wish them a happy holiday.
8. Volunteer your time at a local shelter.
7. Give a gift of appreciation for that special someone who serves you, often without recognition.
6. Treat yourself! Often we are so focused on what to buy for others that we forget about ourselves. Give something to you!
5. Make a conscious effort not to get stressed at this time of year by being grateful for what you have and for the people surrounding you.
4. Say a silent prayer every time you purchase a gift for someone.
3. Don't wait for the big day to give. Why not give the gift of a smile…it goes a lot further than you might think, and you can't beat the price.
2. Forgive that person you've been holding a grudge against.
1. Celebrate the true meaning of Christmas by remembering that you are light and love.