For the last few years, my Chinese New Year routines had become truly mundane and it has repeatedly become so, yearly.
It is basically...
- Buying cookies, mandarin oranges, pineapple tarts etc.
- Packing angpows, Give angpows, Receive a few angpows too.
- Neverending Dinners : Reunion Dinner, Lo Sang Dinners, Chap Goh Mei Dinner, Open House Dinners etc.
- Running with buddies on the 1st Day and then 2nd Day as well.
- Watching TV from noon till night, if at home.
- Giving & Receiving : Visit some relatives and friends with bagful of goodies and came home with bagful of goodies!
- Finishing up all the mandarin oranges and cookies in the cookie jars.
- Wait for the next Chinese New Year and repeat the same old routine. Sigh!
GONG XI FA CAI!