Friday, May 14, 2010

One painful lesson and some favourite things.

Monday : 10-05-10.
I had the most unpleasant and dramatic day at work. I believe I really need to wake up and come to my senses...
That we now live in an era that encourages us to "polish our bosses' shoes" rather than working hard blindly.
That this is an age where most people make it their life's mission to cut the path of happiness short for others at work.

After today, I've learned that it is wiser to join forces with your opponents than to fight them. But then, I learnt it a little late and thus, became the weapon of my own destruction.
Devastated by the turn of events, I'm still bedevilled by the pangs of uncertainty and I remembered my own version of favourite things. I turned to them for comfort.
Sing with me if you can...(borrowed from Julie Andrews The Sound Of Music).

Sun blocks and lotions and lip balms for sunning,
Trophies and medals and prizes from winning,
Massages, deep heats and Milos they bring,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Hot teas and coffees and waffles with butter,
Long distance phone calls and rooms filled with laughter,
Children at playground and gardens with swings,
These are a few of my favorite things.

When the pipes leak
When the bones creak
When the knees go bad
I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don’t feel so sad.

Pacesetters, movies and poetries in motion,
Mountains and beaches and Old Girls’ reunion,
Bundles of magazines tied up in strings,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Back pains, confused brains, and no fear of sinning,
Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinning,
And I won’t complain my short shrunken frames,
When I remember my favorite things.

When the joints ache
When the hips break
When the eyes grow dim
Then I remember the good life I’ve had
And then I don’t feel so bad!

No comments: