Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Mad Rush

The whole of last week could only be described with one word : Rush! Yes, I have been rushing...Rushing for my Che Che stocks to come in. Rushing to fulfil April's target. Rushing to Bidor, run and rush back on the same day.
I was thankful for Labour Day cos' I was able to squeeze in sometime that morning for a double hill run. But soon after that, we need to rush to Temerloh Hospital to visit my sister-in-law who's been admitted for acute pneumonia (so said the doctor). Then rush home the same day.
Yesterday, I was supposed to run the New Balance 15k route with my buddies : Gary, Ho, Wah Chai and their friends but as I was not paying much attention to the route direction, I took them to a shorter distance instead and got lectured by John. We had our usual long table breakfast at Tung Shin to chat and catch up. Then rushed home again to finish up some household chores before my next appointment for acupuncture.
Then more crazy rushes..
Rushed to EYS for acupuncture..
Rushed to visit my mom and my sister June..
Rushed to a Secret Recipe to get a cake for Ray Broughton's birthday..
Rushed to Teresa's mansion at Bukit Jelutong for a mini pacesetters do..

However, I had a ball of a time at Teresa's place. She has always been a good host. Good food and fine wine aside, there were so much merriment, laughter and happy chi circulating amongst us. We also celebrated Ray Broughton's (who is back for a short break from NZ) birthday but then decided to celebrate all the May birthdays since we had an extra cake from Young Ooi. Then we were happy to have that witty Richard Tan to entertain and amuse us with his creative jokes and I laughed unitl my jaw almost drop!
Both John and I were extremely weary, sleepy and drained as we had such a long day, almost everyday. As we were on our way home, I reflected and realized that despite all that rush, I was most relaxed that evening because I had laughed much. I then recalled a quote from George Gordon which said, "Always laugh when you can; it is a cheap medicine. Merriment is a philosophy not well understood. It is the sunny side of existence."
The habit of being happy enables one to be freed.

1 comment:

Sayani said...

u r so very right ...really happiness is such contagious ...the best part is ...it increases while sharing it ....
keep well